Dental lasers are very safe and have been approved for use by the FDA for children. We now have two of the most advanced Lasers available in our office!
Imagine pain-free dentistry for your children without the sound of the drill, without shots, and without stress. This innovative new laser creates a pleasant dental experience for pediatric patients. This is the future of pediatric dentistry. We are now able to provide stress-free appointments for both the child and the parent.
If your child is a candidate for laser dentistry, some of the major benefits of using a laser instead of a drill are:
- Heat and vibration are the causes of most of the pain associated with the dental drill. Since the laser reduces heat and vibration, many dental procedures may be performed without local anesthesia (NO NEEDLES!).
- The laser’s pinpoint accuracy is precise enough to leave behind as much healthy tooth structure as possible.
- The laser effectively performs numerous soft tissue (gums) procedures with little or no bleeding. The laser gives us a new high-tech tool for many procedures that previously required stitches. Children and babies that are “tongue-tied” or “lip-tied” can be treated at a regular appointment without local anesthesia.
- The laser avoids many common problems of the high-speed drill. These include cracks in the teeth from the vibration and rapid turning of the drill bits which can weaken teeth and causes future dental problems.
- The laser sterilizes as it cuts, leaving less chance for bacterial contamination. This is especially helpful in pulpotomies (children’s root canals) where bacteria are the number one cause of failure.
- A dental laser prepares teeth in a way that maximizes the bonding of tooth-colored fillings, allowing them to last longer, with far less post-operative sensitivity than traditional methods.
The most common complaint that we get about the laser is from the parents who wish we could treat them as well as their children!